Monday, January 30, 2023
Friday, January 27, 2023
Position is responsible for assisting AV projects. Ideal candidate is well versed in Audio Visual equipment and its installation to include interactive boards, projectors and displays. Excellent customer service skills required. Ideal candidate should be familiar with Crestron control systems as well as Zoom, Teams, Rooms and Extron platforms. Knowledgeable of various mounting approaches, whether ceiling, wall, or column mounted is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily project update with hours worked, mileage driven and any job specific information that may affect the project’s original completion requirements.
- Responsible for all project documentation including markup drawings for as built documentation, commissioning report, and close out documentation.
- Required to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage projects and provide daily field reports to the Project Manager with drawings of each project.
- Basic understanding of AV installation, construction techniques and structured cabling.
- Knowledge of low voltage cabling is required.
- Proficiency with hand/power tools, low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts.
- Experience with test equipment required for commissioning.
- Ability to work under pressure within specified deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the desire to work for a professional company.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge and physical experience with installation including projection screens, display mounts, ceiling speakers, wired microphones and equipment racks.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- At least 2 years’ experience installing complex Audio Video Systems.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexibility to travel or work overtime as necessary.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED
HCGi Hartford (HCGi) is an employee-owned, privately held IT integrator celebrating 24-years in business in the Mid-Atlantic region.
With headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, HCGi has deep roots in the state with many Maryland state agencies, leading school districts and universities as clients. Our Operations Center, based in Chicago, serves as our primary order fulfillment and customer service center. HCGI represents over 200 hardware and software manufacturers. We hold high-end certifications from Crestron, Dell, HP, HPE, Google, Lenovo, NetApp, and VMWare. Our dedicated account managers are empowered to do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers, as we highly value our long-term customer relationships.
HCGi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job Type: Salary plus benefits
Salary: Starting at $40,000
Please forward resume and cover letter by e-mail to (no calls or agencies please): HR@HCGI.COM
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Technology has become an integral part of public safety services. Whether your agency is researching and installing new technology, or refreshing existing assets, HCGi is here to help. We implement some of the most advanced public safety solutions for clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic. Our professionalism and attention to detail make HCGi the premier choice for all of your public safety needs.
We bring best-in-breed solutions to the table for you, assist in the technical evaluation process, and then help you make the most informed decision possible based upon the unique needs and requirements of your environment. We pride ourselves on being an agnostic solution provider, and we offer each client a clear picture of the competitive landscape as they engage in picking a technology. HCGi acts as your trusted advisor throughout the process.
Once you've settled on a solution, our experienced project managers will properly plan, staff, and execute your project on your timeline.
Contact our team of professionals today to schedule a review of your next public safety project.
At HCGi, We get IT.
Saturday, January 21, 2023
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
From Huddle Rooms, Classrooms, Conference Rooms and Auditoriums, HCGI has the complete Solution for you. We will visit your company for an on-site survey and follow up with an itemized proposal and drawing. We have provided this service to institutions such as Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland College Park, the State of Maryland, Delaware State University, Loyola Blakefield, just to name a few.
Projectors and Displays
Our Projector Premier Partner is Epson that offers the finest, most affordable projectors. Through Epson’s Brighter Futures program you get the opportunity to make the most of your technology budget. Epson products deliver low cost of ownership, high performance, and reliability, plus the features and functions that you need most to support teaching and learning in the classroom, the computer lab, the auditorium and anywhere students and educators engage in instruction.
The Epson Brighter Futures program is available for all K-12 and Higher Education institutions and educators through HCGi. There are no purchasing requirements or minimums. the only requirement is to work with HCGI’s Authorized Brighter Futures representative. For Displays, we provide the leading manufacturers such as Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, and LG.
For Interactive Collaboration needs, HCGi offers The Infocus Mondopad, Sharp Interactive displays, Epson Brightlink, and the Cisco Spark series. We can install many ranges of size, price, connectivity, and wireless capabilities.
We also offer Control Systems such as Extron, Crestron, and Kramer. HCGi will customize your proposal to include the best control system for your needs and budget. All systems can be tailored to work with your existing Video Teleconferencing Solution or we can recommend a replacement.
HCGI’s experienced team of experts have implemented both small and large-scale network video solutions for clients in the K-12, Higher Education, Financial, Healthcare, and Commercial business industries.