Monday, October 31, 2022
Friday, October 28, 2022
HCGi is an employee-owned company specializing in technology solutions for government and education customers. We work with our customers to review the latest technology, generating quotes to help achieve their project goals. Our customer service reps support our Account Managers who have decades of experience in the computer industry. Ninety-five percent of our customers are repeat customers. We take our commitment to excellence very seriously and pledge to our customers to consistently deliver the right products and quality services at the best value. We also believe in a work/life balance.
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Representative in our Columbia MD office. It is a salary-based position and includes bonus opportunities. We also offer health, dental, vision insurance and 401K match.
- Support outside sales team with information and quotations provided by the manufacturer
- Answer incoming phone calls from Account Managers, customers, and distributors
- Manage new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
- Work with HCGi field sales and sales management to address specific account needs
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Talk to vendors about products, negotiate pricing, check availability, research alternative products
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns
- Develop excellent working relationships with distributors and manufacturers
Job Requirements / Desired Skills:
- Bachelor / Associate Degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience working in an IT marketing or customer service environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Multitasking with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with superior problem solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to create outstanding customer relationships
- Ability and desire to respond to and resolve customer problems and complaints
- Knowledge of / ability to learn key business software applications
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Computer Hardware Software knowledge / experience preferred
- HCGi Hartford, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Salary: Starting USD 40000 Per Year
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
Please forward resume and cover letter by e-mail to (no calls or agencies please): HR@HCGI.COM
Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Position is responsible for assisting AV projects. Ideal candidate is well versed in Audio Visual equipment and its installation to include interactive boards, projectors and displays. Excellent customer service skills required. Ideal candidate should be familiar with Crestron control systems as well as Zoom, Teams, Rooms and Extron platforms. Knowledgeable of various mounting approaches, whether ceiling, wall, or column mounted is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily project update with hours worked, mileage driven and any job specific information that may affect the project’s original completion requirements.
- Responsible for all project documentation including markup drawings for as built documentation, commissioning report, and close out documentation.
- Required to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage projects and provide daily field reports to the Project Manager with drawings of each project.
- Basic understanding of AV installation, construction techniques and structured cabling.
- Knowledge of low voltage cabling is required.
- Proficiency with hand/power tools, low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts.
- Experience with test equipment required for commissioning.
- Ability to work under pressure within specified deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the desire to work for a professional company.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge and physical experience with installation including projection screens, display mounts, ceiling speakers, wired microphones and equipment racks.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- At least 2 years’ experience installing complex Audio Video Systems.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexibility to travel or work overtime as necessary.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED
HCGi Hartford (HCGi) is an employee-owned, privately held IT integrator celebrating 24-years in business in the Mid-Atlantic region.
With headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, HCGi has deep roots in the state with many Maryland state agencies, leading school districts and universities as clients. Our Operations Center, based in Chicago, serves as our primary order fulfillment and customer service center. HCGI represents over 200 hardware and software manufacturers. We hold high-end certifications from Crestron, Dell, HP, HPE, Google, Lenovo, NetApp, and VMWare. Our dedicated account managers are empowered to do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers, as we highly value our long-term customer relationships.
HCGi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job Type: Salary plus benefits
Salary: Starting at $40,000
Please forward resume and cover letter by e-mail to (no calls or agencies please): HR@HCGI.COM
Saturday, October 22, 2022
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Technology has become an integral part of public safety services. Whether your agency is researching and installing new technology, or refreshing existing assets, HCGi is here to help. We implement some of the most advanced public safety solutions for clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic. Our professionalism and attention to detail make HCGi the premier choice for all of your public safety needs.
We bring best-in-breed solutions to the table for you, assist in the technical evaluation process, and then help you make the most informed decision possible based upon the unique needs and requirements of your environment. We pride ourselves on being an agnostic solution provider, and we offer each client a clear picture of the competitive landscape as they engage in picking a technology. HCGi acts as your trusted advisor throughout the process.
Once you've settled on a solution, our experienced project managers will properly plan, staff, and execute your project on your timeline.
Contact our team of professionals today to schedule a review of your next public safety project.
At HCGi, We get IT.
Sunday, October 16, 2022
From Huddle Rooms, Classrooms, Conference Rooms and Auditoriums, HCGI has the complete Solution for you. We will visit your company for an on-site survey and follow up with an itemized proposal and drawing. We have provided this service to institutions such as Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland College Park, the State of Maryland, Delaware State University, Loyola Blakefield, just to name a few.
Projectors and Displays
Our Projector Premier Partner is Epson that offers the finest, most affordable projectors. Through Epson’s Brighter Futures program you get the opportunity to make the most of your technology budget. Epson products deliver low cost of ownership, high performance, and reliability, plus the features and functions that you need most to support teaching and learning in the classroom, the computer lab, the auditorium and anywhere students and educators engage in instruction.
The Epson Brighter Futures program is available for all K-12 and Higher Education institutions and educators through HCGi. There are no purchasing requirements or minimums. the only requirement is to work with HCGI’s Authorized Brighter Futures representative. For Displays, we provide the leading manufacturers such as Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, and LG.
For Interactive Collaboration needs, HCGi offers The Infocus Mondopad, Sharp Interactive displays, Epson Brightlink, and the Cisco Spark series. We can install many ranges of size, price, connectivity, and wireless capabilities.
We also offer Control Systems such as Extron, Crestron, and Kramer. HCGi will customize your proposal to include the best control system for your needs and budget. All systems can be tailored to work with your existing Video Teleconferencing Solution or we can recommend a replacement.
HCGI’s experienced team of experts have implemented both small and large-scale network video solutions for clients in the K-12, Higher Education, Financial, Healthcare, and Commercial business industries.
Thursday, October 13, 2022
Monday, October 10, 2022
HCGI offers volume discounts on a wide range of products including all computers and printers. Customers that want to standardize on specific models of a manufacturers computer, can enjoy significant cost savings for any project. Whether you plan to buy many computers at once or deploy smaller amounts over an extended period, we can help.
Many customers evaluate multiple options before selecting the technology they plan to purchase. After the specific model has been selected, the manufacturer may discontinue that unit before you can buy all the product you need. HCGI works closely with the customer and manufacturer to guarantee the lifespan of a particular model computer so that it can be deployed over time throughout your enterprise.
IT Complexities Eliminated
IT organizations often support mobile workers, distributed locations, and complex environments while adhering to rigorous governance and compliance with full accountability.
As infrastructure becomes more complex, business demands increase and the sophistication of end users expands; IT departments often find it challenging to sustain the rate of change and associated cost controls. Projections of continued shortages in skilled IT labor and adoption of new and potentially disruptive technologies have prompted IT leaders to partner with HCGI to offset risk and assume responsibility for managing their asset fleet.
Whether your organization is installing new technology or redeploying existing assets, HCGI can help. Our experienced project professionals and nationwide resources will properly plan, staff, and execute any project regardless of the complexity. After we have executed on our plan, HCGI will define a repeatable process to complete the project.
Friday, October 7, 2022
At HCGi, we offer data center solutions from each of the market leaders. Whether you are looking for increased data storage, additional compute capacity, reliable data backup and restore, or you just need to replace existing equipment- HCGi is here to help.
Our value add is to bring best-in-breed solutions to the table for you, assist in the technical evaluation process, and then help you make the most informed decision possible based upon the unique needs and requirements of your environment. We pride ourselves on being an agnostic solution provider, and we offer each client a clear picture of the competitive landscape as they engage in picking a technology. We will show you the strengths and weaknesses of each solution, and act as a trusted advisor.
Whether you wish to explore Hybrid-IT solutions, Converged Infrastructure, or a more traditional approach to compute and storage, our Solution Architects can help to build a custom solution for your needs. We can also assist with installation and data migration services upon request, and we are also at your side for the full life-cycle of the equipment with post-sale support as needed.
Regardless of which data center technology you prefer, HCGi is your trusted partner in keeping your data center optimized and running efficiently for years to come.